Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Packing and praying

The day after tomorrow we'll be on the first part of a long-awaited journey to get our son. I'm already looking forward to it being two weeks AFTER we've returned home and are beyond the sleep-deprived stage. I'm just counting on feeling tired, emotional and no fun to be around for a while. But even more than that, I'm counting on feeling joy and excitement at meeting our son and getting to bring him home! Today, I've been getting Caitlyn and Jacob ready to travel to Maryland to spend the time with their Mimi and Pap Pap while Scott and I are in Ethiopia. I know they're going to have fun, but I'm going to miss them terribly and am praying for their protection while we're apart. Jacob has already displayed some jealousy toward Abraham, but mostly over all the new stuff for the baby (never mind Jacob just got a ton of new stuff for Christmas). Caitlyn is excited about Abraham but I think Jacob realizes his days as "the baby" are coming to an end. Well, he's five years old, so it has to end some time. :)

I am surprisingly calm about everything...just taking care of what needs to be done as I think of it. Usually, my mind would be going a million miles a minute with all the last minute details, but God has given me a great sense of peace about everything. There are so many situations that are beyond my control in the upcoming week that I have nothing left to do but to pray and trust God to manage the days ahead.

1 comment:

Joy for the Seasons said...

So excited!! Aside from everything else I have been praying for, I will be praying for a good transition for your family. Even good and exciting changes can be quite an adjustment. Love you much!